UPDATED: View our interactive map to find out where new homes are being built
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of new homes are going to be built in Norwich and its surrounding areas over the coming years.
But with so many new housing applications being submitted every month, it can be difficult to keep track of what is being built and where.
That is why we have created this interactive map, which allows you to see existing and future developments.
The red shapes provide a rough outline of the sites, and can be clicked on for more information about what is being proposed.
While this map does not show every-single housing development in Norwich and Broadland, we have tried to include all of the major schemes.
You may also want to watch:
In the coming months, it will be updated with new applications as they come.
Council bosses have been told that between now and 2036, they must provide almost 43,000 new homes in Greater Norwich area.
- 1 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 2 Bus routes affected by driver shortages in Norwich
- 3 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 4 Bookshop to close with clothing store set to move in
- 5 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 6 The roadworks you need to know about in Norwich this week
- 7 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 New sculpture trail launched for park near Norwich
- 10 Warning to others after mum breaks leg using park zip wire
While sites have been identified for some 35,000 of these, locations for the remaining 7,200 must be found, leading to the launch of the Greater Norwich Local Plan in January.
To view the map in full, click on the icon in the top right-hand-side of the box.
• Have we missed a development? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with an application number and it will be added.