UPDATED: View our interactive map to find out where new homes are being built
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of new homes are going to be built in Norwich and its surrounding areas over the coming years.
But with so many new housing applications being submitted every month, it can be difficult to keep track of what is being built and where.
That is why we have created this interactive map, which allows you to see existing and future developments.
The red shapes provide a rough outline of the sites, and can be clicked on for more information about what is being proposed.
While this map does not show every-single housing development in Norwich and Broadland, we have tried to include all of the major schemes.
You may also want to watch:
In the coming months, it will be updated with new applications as they come.
Council bosses have been told that between now and 2036, they must provide almost 43,000 new homes in Greater Norwich area.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Hot property Maddison adds up for City
- 3 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 4 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 5 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 6 Ex-Canaries striker seals Championship move
- 7 Revealed: New Anglia Square talks take place
- 8 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 9 Norwich bookshop named one of Britain's best
- 10 Farke on his contract situation at City
While sites have been identified for some 35,000 of these, locations for the remaining 7,200 must be found, leading to the launch of the Greater Norwich Local Plan in January.
To view the map in full, click on the icon in the top right-hand-side of the box.
• Have we missed a development? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with an application number and it will be added.