UPDATED: View our interactive map to find out where new homes are being built
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of new homes are going to be built in Norwich and its surrounding areas over the coming years.
But with so many new housing applications being submitted every month, it can be difficult to keep track of what is being built and where.
That is why we have created this interactive map, which allows you to see existing and future developments.
The red shapes provide a rough outline of the sites, and can be clicked on for more information about what is being proposed.
While this map does not show every-single housing development in Norwich and Broadland, we have tried to include all of the major schemes.
In the coming months, it will be updated with new applications as they come.
Council bosses have been told that between now and 2036, they must provide almost 43,000 new homes in Greater Norwich area.
- 1 5 new shop openings in Norwich to look forward to
- 2 Police called after sudden death at home near Norwich
- 3 Landlady 'hard at work' as city pub prepares for July reopening
- 4 Peter Crouch speaks on bid to track down his 'Norfolk husband'
- 5 Blanket ban: Standing room only for Simply Red fans
- 6 See inside 'stunning' flat overlooking Norwich Market
- 7 Mother heartbroken to find her child's grave in "unacceptable state"
- 8 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 9 All you need to know ahead of the Earlham Park summer gigs
- 10 Can you spot yourself at the Simply Red gig at Earlham Park?
While sites have been identified for some 35,000 of these, locations for the remaining 7,200 must be found, leading to the launch of the Greater Norwich Local Plan in January.
To view the map in full, click on the icon in the top right-hand-side of the box.
• Have we missed a development? Email email@example.com with an application number and it will be added.