UPDATED: View our interactive map to find out where new homes are being built
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of new homes are going to be built in Norwich and its surrounding areas over the coming years.
But with so many new housing applications being submitted every month, it can be difficult to keep track of what is being built and where.
That is why we have created this interactive map, which allows you to see existing and future developments.
The red shapes provide a rough outline of the sites, and can be clicked on for more information about what is being proposed.
While this map does not show every-single housing development in Norwich and Broadland, we have tried to include all of the major schemes.
In the coming months, it will be updated with new applications as they come.
Council bosses have been told that between now and 2036, they must provide almost 43,000 new homes in Greater Norwich area.
- 1 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 2 'Fixer upper' lodge home goes up for sale near Norwich city centre
- 3 Walker furious as beauty spot 'ruined' by bush chopping
- 4 Tourist slapped with £100 parking fine for cash machine stop
- 5 Burger off! Petition launched to scrap new McDonald's plan
- 6 Battered bus shelter wrapped in police tape after delivery van smash
- 7 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 8 Five of Norwich's best takeaways according to our readers
- 9 'Please help': Family's plea for support for superfan Lily's funeral
- 10 WATCH: Car makes getaway after smashing into wall
While sites have been identified for some 35,000 of these, locations for the remaining 7,200 must be found, leading to the launch of the Greater Norwich Local Plan in January.
To view the map in full, click on the icon in the top right-hand-side of the box.
• Have we missed a development? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with an application number and it will be added.