City home that feels like a 'boutique hotel' is for sale for £925,000
- Credit: Sowerbys
A three-bedroom home has come up for sale on St Giles Street in Norwich for a guide price of £925,000.
Gurney House was formerly part of 38 St Giles Street, a luxury bed and breakfast, and selling agents Sowerbys say that inside the property still feels as luxurious and opulent as a "boutique hotel."
It is part of a Grade II listed building built in 1700 for the Gurney family and once home to the former Lord Mayor of Norwich.
Sowerbys understands that the owners are retaining some of the much bigger building as a bed and breakfast, and have transformed the rest into a private semi-detached three-bedroom home.
The property is entered through its original Georgian-era door, which leads into a spacious hallway, complete with pamment tiles, and then into an elegant and opulent living room.
The space mixes heritage colours with oak flooring and classic cornicing details and is ideal whether you want to entertain friends and family or choose to relax.
Towards the rear of the home there is a modern and well-fitted kitchen/breakfast room, which offers plenty of storage and worktop space, a bespoke seating area and access to the south-facing garden through an over-sized door.
- 1 Changes on the way for listed pub after plans given green light
- 2 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 3 Pupils reach for the rainbow for Norwich Pride Schools Week
- 4 'Our lives changed forever' - Parents pay tribute to six-week-old Chloe
- 5 Can you spot yourself in the Lord Mayor's Procession crowd?
- 6 Need for extension could mean Norwich roadworks continue for longer
- 7 Two neighbouring properties go up for sale - and they both need some TLC
- 8 Pirates, dragons and fireworks light up Lord Mayor's celebrations
- 9 Everything you need to know ahead of the Great Norwich Duck Race
- 10 New pub landlord welcomes back families and introduces street food menu
Upstairs, the beautiful period features continue: the master bedroom includes cornicing and a ceiling rose, plus original oak parquet flooring and its own eye-catching feature fireplace.
The first-floor bathroom is just as luxurious and features a brushed nickel bateau bath, as well as a separate cloakroom and a large fully tiled walk-in shower.
On the second floor there are two further double bedrooms, each with en suite shower rooms.
The property is located just a stone's throw from some of the best shops, restaurants and cafes in the area and Norwich Market is just a short walk away.
For more information, contact Sowerbys.
St Giles Street, Norwich
Guide price: £925,000
Sowerbys, 01603 761441