Historic cottage is for sale in city suburb for the first time in 40 years
- Credit: Savills
A 19th century cottage has come up for sale in a popular city suburb.
Forge Cottage, off Yarmouth Road in Thorpe St Andrew, is for sale for the first time in 40 years. It is listed with Savills at a guide price of £595,000 and offers up to three bedrooms, as well as the potential to extend.
The cottage dates back to the 19th century and has been well-loved by its current owners, who have updated it for modern living while still retaining its charm and character.
"Forge cottage is full of charm and you can see why the owners have loved it so dearly," says Savills' property agent, Tom Clayton.
Accommodation is arranged over two floors. The ground floor includes an entrance hall, L-shaped sitting room with adjoining snug and an open kitchen and dining room. One of the bedrooms is also located on this floor, along with a shower room and a conservatory.
Upstairs there are two bedrooms, both with fitted wardrobes, and a family bathroom.
The gardens are mainly laid to lawn and occupy a plot of around a third of an acre. They have been well-tended to by the current owners and feature a brick and flint wall to the rear boundary.
- 1 Everything you need to know about the Sweet Briar Road closure
- 2 Sewage seeps through floorboards and blocks sinks in apartment block
- 3 Riverside pub undergoes £80k refurb in time for summer
- 4 Norwich cocktail bar and restaurant relaunches with new name and menu
- 5 Why NR3 is being dubbed the 'new Shoreditch'
- 6 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 7 Supporters' fears that Spurs game at Carrow Road may turn nasty
- 8 Drivers bemused as underwear strewn across pedestrian crossing
- 9 Jailed in Norfolk: Drug dealer and man who raped teenage girl
- 10 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
Also included is a series of outbuildings, including the former forge, which could offer further potential and scope for office space.
For more information, contact Savills.
Yarmouth Road, Thorpe St Andrew
Guide price: £595,000
Savills, 01603 950239, www.savills.com