Historic Elm Hill house is for sale by auction - and it comes with a shop
- Credit: Auction House East Anglia
A rare Grade II listed property located on one of Norwich's most historic streets will go under the hammer next month.
The three-storey home on Elm Hill will be sold at an online auction on Wednesday, May 5, priced at a guide of just £250,000.
Auction House East Anglia, who are selling the home, describe it as a "delightful, fully renovated city centre townhouse that has been tastefully modernised", offering up to two bedrooms as well as a shower room, kitchen, cloakroom, utility area and ground-floor retail space.
It's thought to date back to at least the 17th century, maybe even earlier, and retains a number of distinctive character features throughout, including stripped wooden floors and a large, brick-built hearth on the ground floor.
Residential properties on Elm Hill are highly sought-after. It is one of the city's most well-known and historic streets, having been a main commercial thoroughfare in the 15th-16th century, due to its close proximity to the River Wensum.
You may also want to watch:
Unfortunately many of the buildings were destroyed by fire in 1507 and had to be rebuilt.
The area has also been used as a setting for a number of film and TV productions. Last year it featured in Netflix's Jingle Jangle, which starred Forest Whitaker and was produced by John Legend.
- 1 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
- 2 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 3 Residents' anger at Deliveroo motorcycle drivers using pavement shortcut
- 4 Weekend of two halves - city pubs packed on Sunday after Saturday washout
- 5 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move
- 6 See penthouse views from Norwich rooftop listed for sale for £1.65m
- 7 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 8 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 9 Burst water main causes water shortage in Norwich
- 10 Norwich City Council Elections 2021 - Labour keep control of City Hall
The online, livestreamed auction will start at 11am on Wednesday, May 5. Visit www.auctionhouse.co.uk/eastanglia for further details including legal packs.
Elm Hill, Norwich
Guide price: £250,000
Auction House East Anglia, 01603 950107, www.auctionhouse.co.uk/eastanglia