5 affordable homes for first-time buyers currently for sale in Norwich
- Credit: Minors & Brady
It might feel impossible to get on the property ladder at the moment, but for those with a smaller budget there are still some options available.
The average price of first homes in Norwich is £229,180 according to research by Resolution Foundation.
Here are five properties currently for sale in and around the city that could be ideal for first-time buyers.
1. Jex Road
Asking price: £220,000
With four bedrooms, one bathroom, and a conservatory, this home has well-kept modern finishes throughout.
The property in Marl Pit has a spacious and south-facing garden with a patio and lawn.
2. Grebe Drive
- 1 Most desirable places to live in Norwich according to estate agents
- 2 Vehicles worth £50k stolen from Royal Norfolk Show
- 3 Sign of the times: After 187 years jeweller Winsor Bishop changes name
- 4 Two neighbouring properties go up for sale - and they both need some TLC
- 5 'You owe us!': Furious holidaymakers demand compo
- 6 Street food restaurant launches unlimited wings night
- 7 Fine dining Indian restaurant named best in region at awards
- 8 All you need to know ahead of the Lord Mayor's Celebration 2022
- 9 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 10 Road closures revealed for Lord Mayor's Celebration
Asking price: £192,000
Being sold for 80pc of its market value, this two-bed for sale in Sprowston is being marketed as the perfect way to get on the property ladder.
The end-of-terrace new build has a neutral modern interior and a small garden to the back with an artificial lawn and patio.
3. Thomas Wyatt Close
Asking price: £230,000
This apartment in part of the former Norfolk and Norwich Hospital has a range of original features and modern additions.
The Grade II conversion has two bedrooms and two bathrooms as well as French doors to a Juliet-style balcony.
4. Netherwood Green
Asking price: £180,000
In the south of the city, this three-bed terrace has an open front garden and a two-tiered back garden.
The ground floor contains the kitchen, lounge, and conservatory.
Upstairs there are the bedrooms and a bathroom.
5. The Watering
Asking price: £230,000
This two-bed apartment is next to Wensum Park in Mile Cross and would need little work from a new buyer.
Both bedrooms have en suites and one has a dressing room.
Off the main living area there is a balcony with room for outdoor furniture.
Would you like to stay up to date with the latest property news in your area? Sign up to our newsletter for our pick of the best local property stories.