Watch City thump Watford in biggest top-flight win ever
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City's recent record against this weekend's opponents Watford has not been too favourable - with the Hornets claiming the spoils in the last four meetings between the sides.
A 4-2 triumph on May 11, 2016 was the last time City took all three points against Saturday's visitors, a result not enough to save the Canaries from relegation - a fate sealed that very day.
However, on April 7, 1984, the fixture produced a piece of Norwich City history, as Ken Brown's side claimed the club's most emphatic top-flight win of all time.
In what was then the old Division One, a four-goal haul from John Deehan was enough to produce a 6-1 victory for the Canaries.
The rout was completed by goals from Greg Downs - which may have deflected off Mick Channon - and a long-range effort from John Devine in the second half.
You may also want to watch:
Future England legend John Barnes featured in the Watford side that day.
- 1 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 2 See inside renovated 1950s Norwich factory apartment for sale for £350,000
- 3 'It came out of the blue': Chinese takeaway gets one-star hygiene rating
- 4 Windows left with cracks after mystery bang heard in Norwich
- 5 WATCH: Moment schoolgirl drenched by driver - but is it a crime?
- 6 Public consultation launched over proposed 1,600 home development
- 7 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 8 Terror for tenants as yobs smash their way into flats
- 9 Tributes to Norwich mum who died from breast cancer aged 47
- 10 Bookshop to close with clothing store set to move in