Watch City thump Watford in biggest top-flight win ever
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City's recent record against this weekend's opponents Watford has not been too favourable - with the Hornets claiming the spoils in the last four meetings between the sides.
A 4-2 triumph on May 11, 2016 was the last time City took all three points against Saturday's visitors, a result not enough to save the Canaries from relegation - a fate sealed that very day.
However, on April 7, 1984, the fixture produced a piece of Norwich City history, as Ken Brown's side claimed the club's most emphatic top-flight win of all time.
In what was then the old Division One, a four-goal haul from John Deehan was enough to produce a 6-1 victory for the Canaries.
The rout was completed by goals from Greg Downs - which may have deflected off Mick Channon - and a long-range effort from John Devine in the second half.
Future England legend John Barnes featured in the Watford side that day.
- 1 Christmas train with tunnel of lights running at Norwich park
- 2 New Burger King site approved in city centre
- 3 Winter Wonderland in Norwich park cancelled – but may move elsewhere
- 4 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 5 'Dude, where's my car?!' City girl's new Fiesta vanishes
- 6 City restaurant offers free Christmas meals to 'anyone that needs it'
- 7 Parcel thief in for a shock after nabbing mystery package from city home
- 8 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 9 Builders' plea: Don't do this DIY this Christmas!
- 10 Kettle Chips pop-up opens in Norwich with free samples