Remember nights out at Rick's Place in Anglia Square?
- Credit: Archant
These were the days before the beating heart of Norwich nightlife drifted to Prince of Wales Road and Riverside.
Rick's Place in Anglia Square offered clubbers a place to let their hair down with themed events and drinks deals galore.
Operating from the 1980s until the early noughties, Rick's Place had previously been known as Scamps which opened in the summer of 1973.
The venue was named as a nod to Humphrey Bogart’s bar in the film Casablanca and punters could expect more than your run of the mill nightclub experience at Rick's Place.
Radio Broadland hosted parties there and local bands had their chance to step into the spotlight.
You may also want to watch:
Special guests included all sorts of celebrities from Eastenders actors to glamour models.
Additional novelties included a gunge machine and the 'Spaceball' - based on NASA’s gyroscope trainer used by astronauts-to-be to simulate weightlessness, giving the rider a 360-degree experience from all directions.
- 1 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 2 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 3 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Teenagers set to be sentenced over stabbing
- 5 Grill van serving gourmet burgers and hot dogs gets residency at city pub
- 6 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 7 Virtual reality centre opens in Norwich with huge choice of games
- 8 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have memories of Rick's Place and nights out in Anglia Square and would like to share them.
For more nostalgic content like this subscribe to our new Through the Decades newsletter by clicking here.