Remember spring? Serene Norfolk scenes from days gone by
- Credit: Archant Library
As freezing temperatures sweep across the county, the snow in Norfolk might settle in a little while longer.
In the grip of winter when trees, parks and gardens seem a little bare it is easy to forget that greener, sunnier times are not too far around the corner.
Particularly if snowfall has covered the world outside our windows.
But soon we will be able to step outside without needing all those layers.
We will smell the flowers, see leaves unfurling, hear more birds and feel the warmth of the sun on our faces.
You may also want to watch:
Until the weather improves and lockdown eases this might seem a dim and distant prospect.
But for now, please enjoy this collection of photos from our archive of spring in Norfolk from years gone by.
- 1 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 2 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 3 First Bus investigates 'racist incident' involving driver and girl, 14
- 4 School told to improve three times since 2015 praised by Ofsted
- 5 Fourth time lucky as couple marry at last - with guests!
- 6 Parents open up after teen son's near-fatal motorbike crash
- 7 Norwich man's £500k pay-out for brain injury suffered in work accident
- 8 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 9 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 10 'They're like family': Punters queue outside pubs on reopening day
As you look through them perhaps you will remember springtimes in the past, reminisce on your favourite walks and recall happy day trips with a smile.
Explore old photos of Norfolk, create collections and share your memories with our new vintage photography service The Story Of. Visit thestoryof.uk to learn more and create an account by clicking here.