Remember spring? Serene Norfolk scenes from days gone by
- Credit: Archant Library
As freezing temperatures sweep across the county, the snow in Norfolk might settle in a little while longer.
In the grip of winter when trees, parks and gardens seem a little bare it is easy to forget that greener, sunnier times are not too far around the corner.
Particularly if snowfall has covered the world outside our windows.
But soon we will be able to step outside without needing all those layers.
We will smell the flowers, see leaves unfurling, hear more birds and feel the warmth of the sun on our faces.
You may also want to watch:
Until the weather improves and lockdown eases this might seem a dim and distant prospect.
But for now, please enjoy this collection of photos from our archive of spring in Norfolk from years gone by.
- 1 Teenager jailed for sexual offences in Norwich
- 2 Award-winning Norfolk school appoints new headteacher
- 3 Road closure warning for £940,000 traffic shake-up in Norwich
- 4 All the major 2021 Norwich events scheduled to go ahead
- 5 'Size doesn't matter': Three pals get go-ahead for city micropub
- 6 Owner of Norwich crazy golf course retires leaving 'wonderful legacy'
- 7 Norwich City fan recovering after 52-day Covid hospital battle
- 8 No recent virus cases in more than a quarter of Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Emma Thompson and Daryl McCormack arrive in Norwich for filming
- 10 A small gesture that shows why Norwich City are a class apart
As you look through them perhaps you will remember springtimes in the past, reminisce on your favourite walks and recall happy day trips with a smile.
Explore old photos of Norfolk, create collections and share your memories with our new vintage photography service The Story Of. Visit thestoryof.uk to learn more and create an account by clicking here.