What are your memories of Castle Quarter?
- Credit: EDP
It's a Norwich institution, having welcomed shoppers under Norwich Castle for decades, but do you remember some of these moments from Castle Quarter's history?
Perhaps better known to long-time residents as the Castle Mall, the shopping centre has seen a lot down the years — including visits from Carry On star Barbara Windsor to open its Post Office in 1996, and the entire cast of Toy Story.
Who can forget the queues when musical mecca Virgin Megastore opened, with floors upon floors of multimedia media delights.
When Darren Huckerby visited the mall in 2004, many fans who had queued for hours to meet him were left disappointed as the doors of the Canary Store were slammed shut.
The mall has also become well-known for its seasonal events at Christmas and Easter.
And the Evening News was there to cover it when the centre opened way back in 1993.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 2 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 3 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work
- 6 Teenage stabbing was 'rival gang revenge’ for YouTube videos
- 7 New Norwich shisha bar one of the best and cheapest spots for Turkish food
- 8 'We promise to leave you alone': Unusual new policy for shop
- 9 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef
- 10 Looking back at one of the city's favourite outdoor swimming pools