“Fighting for OUR CITY and
giving you more of what you LOVE”
Richard Porrit, Editor
The new Evening News+ app puts you at the beating heart of the city like never before
We’ll sort it! Evening News+ fixes problems for the people of Norwich
Be the first to know with app-only exclusives on the hottest topics
Go inside the newsroom with daily editor's newsletters and video briefings
Sudoku, crosswords, wordsearch and codeword updated daily and exclusive to you
New: Podcasts and audio adding insight and expertise on the hot topics
New: New Evening News+ columnists tackle the week’s burning issues
What is Evening News+?
Passionate about Norwich? So are we.
At the Norwich Evening News, we’re passionate about everything our Fine City has to offer.
Bringing you the latest breaking news, campaigns and burning issues is what we thrive on. We’re dedicated to championing our city and the communities we serve, and we’re determined to shine a spotlight on the issues that matter and give a voice to the people that need to be heard. That’s why we’ve created the Evening News+ app. It’s designed to help you share the passion we have for our city.
With the Evening News+, you’ll receive local news your way – and you’ll be the first in the know. You can enjoy exclusive content that’s not available anywhere else online, including breaking news, investigations, nostalgia and what’s on.
Your subscription includes access to Exclusive investigations, crime, nostalgia, business, politics and community news as well as what’s on and dedicated columnists, as well as…
- Push notifications straight to your device so you don’t miss any breaking news
- Access to our weekly podcast hosted by our local journalists
- Sign up for exclusive newsletters curated by the Norwich Evening News Editor and the reporting team
- Exclusive daily videos from the Norwich Evening News Editor
- More of the content you love, with superfast loading times, minimal advertising and a great reading experience
How much is a Norwich Evening News+ subscription?
Subscription to Norwich Evening News+ costs just £3.99 per month – or you can pay £39.99 for a full year. You’ll get your first month FREE so that you can experience it for yourself before deciding whether to continue.
Will all the current Evening News content be just for subscribers of Evening News+?
No; news, views, features and opinion will continue to be offered within the Evening News newspaper and on our website, but our new app will feature exclusive content – including videos - not available elsewhere, as well as dedicated newsletters and push notifications. We are excited to be able to bring readers content in this way and hope that you will try it for yourself.
How do I get started?
How do I Subscribe?
Become a subscriber by heading to here. Once you’ve signed up, you’ll be prompted to download the app via the Apple or Google Play App Stores.
Alternatively you can subscribe directly within the app using your Apple or Google Play account. Just remember to link your subscription account when prompted to receive the full benefit of our email updates and the ability to login via our web view.
How do I download the app for my subscription?
- Open the Apple App Store or Google Play store on your device.
- Search for Norwich Evening News+ and you will then see the app ready to download.
- Download the free app to your device by clicking on the download button.
- Alternatively use the direct links below…
How do I login?
- If you subscribed within the app itself, you won’t need to login as your subscription will be linked to your Apple or Google Play account and will keep you logged in automatically. If you are asked to login, simply tap the ‘Restore’ button on the ‘My Account’ screen to relink your subscription to the app.
- If you subscribed via the Evening News website, you can login by tapping the ‘My Account’ button and then ‘Sign In’ button.
- When prompted, enter your email address and the password you created when subscribing
- Once logged in you will have full access to all content within the app
App / device help
Is there a web-based version of the app if I prefer to consume some content on desktop via a browser?
Yes, you can access the web view at app.eveningnews24.co.uk.Please note, you will have to log in using the email address and password you subscribed with in order to access content.
If you subscribed within the app you will need to link your subscription account via the ‘MyAccount’ screen in order to set up your email/password based login.
Can I have more than one device connected to my subscription?
Yes, your subscription to Norwich Evening News+ can be accessed on multiple devices and is not limited to just the device you signed up on.
Depending on where you took out your subscription there are a few ways to activate access on other devices...
- If you subscribed via the Norwich Evening News website, you can access on Android and Apple devices and our web view at https://app.eveningnews24.co.uk/ by logging in using your email address and password
- If you subscribed within the app, you can access it on other devices on the same platform by tapping the 'Restore' button on the Subscribe window in the app on the new device to link your subscription
- If you subscribed within the app and wish to access on devices on a different platform or via our web view, please tap the 'Link your Apple Subscription'/'Link your Google Subscription' option in the ‘My Account’ section of the app and follow the steps to register an account. You will then be able to use the email address and password you register to login to the app on different devices and the web view at https://app.eveningnews24.co.uk/
Will the app work on all my devices?
Our apps are designed to work on most Apple and Android phones and tablets. Some older devices won’t be supported fully though. Make sure you keep your devices up-to-date with the latest available OS updates and remember there is also the web view at app.eveningnews24.co.uk.
The app is not responding, how do I resolve this?
- Exit the app by pressing the Home button on your device.
- Open up the app switcher to view the list of running apps on your device.
- Locate Norwich Evening News+ app and swipe to close.
- Return to the home screen and open the app again.
- If you are still having issues please delete and reinstall the app.
How do I manage my subscription?
If you subscribed via Evening News website
- Please visit here and log in in if required (via the 'Log In' button in the top right corner)
- Click/Tap the 'Library' header to view your subscriptions and select the active subscription you wish to manage.
- You will then see the available options for amending your subscription as required.
If you subscribed within our Apple app
- Open the App Store and tap the ‘My Account’ icon in the top right of the screen.
- On the Account window that opens up, tap 'Subscriptions' and locate the subscription you wish to manage. Tap/click it to open.
- You will then see the available options for amending/cancelling your subscription as required.
If you subscribed within our Android app
Visit here to view your subscriptions.
Locate the subscription you wish to manage and tap/click it to open.
You will then see the available options for amending/cancelling your subscription as required.
How do I update my subscription account details?
If you subscribed via the Evening News website
- Please visit here and login in if required (via the Log In button in the top right corner).
- You will now see your subscription account details and can update the required fields.
If you took out your subscription within the app, your subscription is linked to your Apple/Google Play account.
I’ve forgotten my password. How do I reset it?
You can reset your password by following the steps below
- Visit here and click the ‘Log In' button in the top right of the screen.
- Click the ‘I forgot my password’ link
- Enter the email address associated with your subscription and click the ‘Restore’ button
- You will be sent an email. Follow the steps in that email to set a new password for your account
If you took out your subscription within the app, you will not require a password as your subscription is linked to your Apple or Google Play account and will keep you logged in automatically. If you are asked to login, simply tap the ‘Restore’ button on the ‘My Account’ screen to relink your subscription to the app.
I have an active subscription but the App is asking me to login. What should I do?
It is possible for the app to log you out after a set period of time. If you purchased your subscription via our website, simply tap the ‘My Account’ button, then the ‘Sign In’ button and enter your email address and password to log back in.
If you took out your subscription within the app, please tap the 'My Account' button in the app and then tap the 'Restore' button. This should relink your subscription to the app and grant you access again.
I took out a subscription in the app but when I try to access online it doesn’t recognise my subscription?
In order to access your in-app subscription online via the web view you will first need to link your subscription to our subscriber database. To do so, please follow the steps below…
- Tap the 'Link your Apple Subscription'/'Link your Google Subscription' option in the ‘My Account’ section of the app.
- Follow the steps to register an account (select 'I don't have an account' on the initial login window).
- This will link up your in-app subscription to our main subscriber database and you will then be able to use the email address and password you register to login to the web view and also the app on other devices