Norwich Weather



max temp: 7°C

min temp: 6°C

Ryman Premier: Henderson earns Lowestoft Town just rewards at Harrow Borough

PUBLISHED: 09:34 13 January 2014 | UPDATED: 09:34 13 January 2014

A late goal from striker Chris Henderson rescued a point for Lowestoft ar Harrow Borough.  Picture: James Bass

A late goal from striker Chris Henderson rescued a point for Lowestoft ar Harrow Borough. Picture: James Bass

Archant Norfolk © 2013

Lowestoft – with brothers Stuart and Jack Ainsley as well as Robert Eagle all suspended – again had limited options for the visit to Harrow Borough.

But the Trawlerboys dug in to control the game for long periods and were eventually rewarded with a late equaliser.

Lowestoft started sluggishly, but started to put their game together with some impressive build-up play.

Rossi Jarvis picked up the run of Manny Osei who cut inside Michael Barima, but his shot across the face of the goal was just wide of the far post.

Osei and Curtley Williams were causing problems down Harrow’s left flank – a superb ball by Andrew Fisk picked out Williams’ run, but keeper James Shea came out to block.

Harrow took the lead, against the run of play, in the 33rd minute. A hopeful ball forward saw Dan Gleeson and Sam Gaughran, for once, fail to cut out the pass, with Simeon Akinola racing through and although he was brought down by Jones he still managed to get his shot away into the empty net.

Lowestoft came out for the second half fired up and for long periods pressed Harrow back. Williams set up Osei, whose fierce shot was headed away by Michael Peacock, and then sent Chris Henderson away, but Shea advanced from his line and saved bravely at the feet of the Town striker.

The Blues thought they had equalised in the 76th minute when a perfect Erkan Okay cross picked out Jake Reed, whose header found the back of the net before he was ruled out for offside.

It looked like being one of those days for the Blues when Henderson was brought down in the area and although the assistant referee flagged for a penalty he was overruled by the referee.

But Lowestoft finally got their just rewards with two minutes remaining when Henderson scored with a delightful chip over the keeper after his first shot had been charged down.


Sport Most Read

Show Job Lists

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter