Tuesday, July 1, 2014
1. Don’t miss out on the weird and wonderful events happening on the streets on Saturday between 1pm and 4pm and 6pm and 10pm. A troll brandishing a big club will be walking along, meeting brave members of the public.
2. Also on Saturday, a Dream Engine, which is a helium filled balloon, will be suspending a balletic aerialist at Chapelfield Gardens at 2pm, 4.30pm and 8pm.
3. The Lord Mayor’s 5km Road Race will start at 4.50pm on Saturday. Participants run on the traffic-free city centre course. The race was first staged in 1996.
4. The highlight of the weekend will be the Lord Mayor’s Procession which starts at 5pm on St Stephens Road on Saturday. The parade will feature more than 60 floats.
5. Thousands of brightly coloured ducks will race each other to the finish line on Sunday, at midday, from Lady Julian Bridge, Riverside.
6. On Sunday, at 6pm, on St Gregory’s Green, A Firm of Poets will be presented by Norwich Arts Centre.
7. Norfolk-based dance school Parallel Dance will be giving exciting dance performances on Saturday on Theatre Street at 1pm and 3pm.
8. The eccentricity of Norwich will come to the fore with Potted Plants and The Workmen. The plant pots will be walking around on Saturday at 2.50pm, 6pm, 6.40pm, 7.30pm 8.10pm and 9.20pm.
9. On Hay Hill, new outdoor show Can Fish Drink Tea? will be presented by the Garlic Theatre on Saturday at 6pm, 8pm and 9.30pm.
10. On Sunday, from 12pm to 4pm, Norwich City Concert Band and Pavilion Brass Quintet will be playing on Hayhill. They will be playing non-stop music hits.