May 23 2015 Latest news:
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
Police are advising motorists to drive with care today after a spate of crashes on the county’s roads.
In winter weather, driving conditions can deteriorate fast, making driving hazardous. As a result, Norfolk Police are advising motorists to:
· Make sure all your car lights are working and you have no failed bulbs. Ensure that dirt, salt and snow is cleared away from light fixtures.
· Always ensure all windows are fully cleared of snow, frost and condensation before setting off on a journey - it is illegal to drive with obscured vision.
· Also clear snow from the top of the car as this can fall down and obscure your windscreen while you are driving.
· Keep windscreen washer fluid topped up as windscreens quickly become dirty from traffic spray and salt from the roads.
· Make sure you have sufficient fuel for your journey. Keep the fuel tank topped up.
· Give yourself extra time for your journey and drive at a constant speed. Accept your journey will take longer and don’t take risks.
· Take a mobile telephone with you and make sure it is fully charged. Carry a mobile charger in the car.
Cars are struggling to drive up Rouen Road and Cattle Market Street in Norwich after heavy snowfall within the past hour.
One lane of the A11 is blocked northbound at Wymondham after a three-vehicle crash.
Two Mercedes and a Landrover crashed at 12.20pm. The driver of the Landrover has been taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital with leg injuries.
There has been a four-car pile up on the A140 one mile north of Aylsham.
A spokesman for Norfolk Constabulary said a bus had broken down on the side of the road and vehicles trying to overtake it had collided. The road is partially blocked.
The B1145 at Swafield is currently blocked after a two-vehicle crash and a lorry, van and a car have been involved in an accident on the A17 at King’s Lynn, three miles before Sutton Bridge.
Traffic was slow on the A11 at Spooner Row, Larling and Snetterton this morning after three crashes.
The road was blocked Norwich-bound at Spooner Row after a single vehicle accident, Thetford-bound at Larling following a two vehicle crash and Thetford-bound at Snetterton after a crash involving one vehicle.
Traffic was slow on the A47 at Hockering following a crash.
The Street at the junction with Hall Road in Pulham St Mary was blocked following a two vehicle crash.
Drivers faced after a single vehicle crash on the A10 at Downham Market near the Wimbotsham turning, King’s Lynn bound. The road is now clear.
Windsor Road at the junction with London Road in King’s Lynn was partially blocked following a crash.
The outside lane of the A11 between the Mundford Road roundabout and the Brandon Road roundbout was closed after a car crashed into the central reservation this morning.
Police are reminding drivers to remove all snow from their vehicles before setting off and to drive with their lights on.
At 5.20am police were called to do deal with a crash on Newmarket Road, near Daniels Road. The road re-opened at 6.37am.
At 5.35am a lorry left the road on the A149 at Castle Rising. The road re-opened an hour later.
Five minutes later, emergency services were called to an overturned vehicle on the B1108 Norwich side of Barford. The road was cleared at 7.32am.