Fire crews called after gas leak fears in Great Yarmouth
PUBLISHED: 11:40 09 March 2014 | UPDATED: 11:40 09 March 2014
Firefighters were called to reports of a gas leak in Great Yarmouth town centre.
Crews from Yarmouth and Gorleston went to Isabella Square, off St Peter’s Plain, just before 8pm yesterday.
A spokesman for the National Grid said there was no leak - a gas cooker had been left on, but engineers helped ventilate the property and checked the mains for faults.
Residents are encouraged to call the National Gas Emergency Service 24 hour number is they do smell gas or have concerns over carbon monoxide emergency on 0800 111 999.