December 6 2013 Latest news:
Tuesday, October 22, 2013
A dog was rescued from a flat fire in Norwich.
Fire crews from Sprowston, Carrow and Earlham went to the fire, in Gertrude Road, just after 9pm yesterday.
Firefighters wore breathing apparatus to tackle the blaze.
Regulars at the nearby Heath House pub said a dog had been rescued.
They said the woman who lives in the flat, who has two children, was not in at the time and nor were the children.
There were no visible signs of damage to the property.