Man denies having been in possession of stun guns, knuckle dusters and extendable batons at Norwich Airport
PUBLISHED: 17:38 07 January 2014 | UPDATED: 17:38 07 January 2014
Archant © 2012
A man accused of being in possession of offensive weapons at Norwich Airport will go on trial later this year after denying the offences.
John Sayer, 49, from Canary Scaffolding, on the Ace industrial estate in Stratton Strawless, near Norwich appeared at Norwich Crown Court today where he pleaded not guilty to three offences which are said to have happened at the airport on May 21 last year.
He has denied being in possession of a disguised firearm, said to be four stun guns disguised as another object; and possession of an offensive weapon, said to be five knuckle dusters and two extendable batons.
He has also pleaded not guilty to possession of a prohibited weapon, said to be a stun gun disguised or adapted for discharge of noxious gas.
The matter has been listed for two to three day trial on March 26.
The defendant remains on bail with the condition that he must not leave the jurisdiction.