Snow safety concerns leads to postponement of Broadland council meeting
12:47 15 January 2013
Snow has forced the postponement of tonight’s full meeting of Broadland District Council.
The authority says the current weather conditions and tonight’s forecast influenced the decision made by Shelagh Gurney, the council chairman, following talks with chief executive Phil Kirby.
In a note to staff and councillors, committee officer Dawn Matthews said: “This decision has been made having regard to the current weather conditions and those forecast for tonight and having regard to the safety of staff, councillors and the public attending the meeting, and the potential difficulties of accessing and exiting the site (particularly the car park gradient).”
The meeting will now take place at Thorpe Lodge, in Thorpe St Andrew, on Thursday, January 24, at 7pm.
Tonight’s agenda will remain in place.
People wanting to ask questions at next week’s meeting have until tomorrow to notify the council, while the deadline for requests to speak is Monday, January 21.