August 28 2015 Latest news:
Monday, December 24, 2012
What’s the best thing to do with your turkey leftovers the day after your Christmas dinner?
Reporter Emma Knights has asked top Norfolk chef Richard Hughes, from The Lavender House, in Brundall, and Outstanding Achievement Award winner at this year’s Eastern Daily Press Norfolk Food and Drink Awards, to share some of his recipe ideas.
Here’s Richard’s turkey leftovers top ten.
1. Turkey & Ham Pancakes, a classic from my Imperial Hotel Gt Yarmouth days. My favourite recipe , ever!
2. The classic Christmas ‘Club’ Sandwich of cold turkey, stuffing & cold sausage sandwich
3. Fresh pasta, with turkey, Parma Ham ,olives & tomato
4. The ‘Must Have’ Turkey Curry
5. Moroccan Couscous Salad with toasted pine nuts, raisins. dried apricot, chopped turkey
6. Savoury Turkey Bread and Butter Pudding, baked with garlic & Binham Blue cheese
7. Filo parcels of turkey, cranberry, figs and fresh apple
8. Turkey & mushroom puff pasty parcels
9. Crostinis of turkey with your favourite chutney & shaved Parmesan
10. Empanada; a filled of bread dough with turkey, sage and soft cheese, baked and served warm